A large majority of top law firms don’t have mobile offerings for their website visitors. A new survey shows that only 27% of Amlaw 200 firms have mobile websites. Putting aside what constitutes a “mobile” website, this give solos and small firms a leg up in this dynamic and growing market.
Less Content Means More Flexibility
Huge firms struggle with mobile because they have so much content. Lots of practice areas, news and attorneys. How to shoehorn all that content into a small and swipe-ready interface is no small task. However, solos have much less content to worry about and can easily, quickly and cheaply go mobile. Here is how:
- Make sure you have a WordPress Website – easy mobile plug-ins are available at no cost
- Install WP-Touch on the website
- Setup a customized home page that features contact information prominently
- Setup customized navigation to make sure people can swipe there way to the content you most want to feature
- Start planning for a more graphically rich mobile website now – use information gathered from users to improve the experience when you launch the mobile site