Here is a good post about transforming your website content into a personal story that engages the reader in who you are and what you do.
Story Must Be Anchor to Clear Strategy
Telling a compelling story will engage a reader only IF the reader has the time and patience to spend a couple minutes on your website. Most of the time people looking for attorneys will make their judgments very quickly. Here are 5 things I believe are as important as telling a compelling story:
- Is the website professional? (this mostly means reflects the current sense of modern which on the web changes quickly). This is very subjective and not something a visitor may even reflect upon.
- What does the attorney look like? Can I trust him or her?
- Does the attorney have the expertise and or experience I’m looking for? If I’m looking for an estate planning attorney, I will quickly click off a website of an attorney who represents people in slip and falls.
- How easy does the attorney make it for me to contact him?
- Will it cost me anything tell him or her about my situation on the phone or in-person?